Business Lawyer in Frederick, Maryland
Business Formation ◊ Buy/Sell Agreements ◊ Business Contracts ◊ Commercial Leases
If you own or operate a business, you know that legal concerns can arise at any time, whether you are in the start-up phase or are working to maintain or expand a growing concern. When you are trying to determine the most effective legal structure for a new business, or need to protect your interests in a commercial transaction, you want an experienced attorney who has successfully handled similar situations.
From offices in Frederick, Maryland, the Law Offices of John C. Hanrahan, LLC brings 35 years of experience to area businesses. A member of the Frederick County Chamber of Commerce, Mr. Hanrahan stresses personal service in all interactions with his clients, always making himself personally available to address your questions and concerns. To schedule a free initial consultation, contact John by e-mail or call 301-228-0787 for an appointment.
The Firm’s Business Law Practice
John handles a broad range of legal matters for businesses, including:
- Business formation — The Firm can help you evaluate different business structures, including sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company (LLC) and corporation and determine which will best meet your needs. John will prepare and file all documentation required to establish your business in compliance with state business laws, such as articles of incorporation or organization, by-laws, and state/federal tax registrations.
- Buy/Sell agreements — John can advise you regarding transactions to buy or sell a business, and can prepare or review a buy/sell agreement or any other document related to asset acquisition or sale.
- General business contracts — Mr. Hanrahan can negotiate, review and prepare business agreements, including vendor and customer contracts, commercial leases, non-compete or confidentiality agreements, and employment contracts.
- Dissolution or “winding down” of business activities — The Firm can guide you through the termination or dissolution of business affairs, helping you file all appropriate documentation and settle any matters with customers, distributors, lenders or vendors.
- Business collections — John works with small-to-medium-sized businesses, including banks and funeral homes, that need help to collect commercial debts.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy — John can help you get a fresh start for your business through a Chapter 11 reorganization.
Contact the Law Offices of John C. Hanrahan, LLC
The Firm offers a free initial consultation to all business clients. For an appointment, contact Mr. Hanrahan online or call 301-228-0787. The Firm is conveniently located one block from the Frederick County courthouse, close to the city’s parking garages.